“In the times of rapid change, learners inherit the Earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists.” ~Eric Hoffer

Friday, November 8, 2013

GAFE Midwest Summit

This week I had the opportunity to attend  my second Google in Education Summit. Once again it did not disappoint. I would encourage anyone interested in learning more about Google Apps for Education and how it can transform what you are doing in the classroom to attend an upcoming one. There will be one in Illinois at Glenbrook North High School March 1st and 2nd. Details can be found at  http://il.gafesummit.com/.
Some of the highlights for me was David Jakes' breakout "Re-Imagining the Spaces in Which We Learn" and Dr. Hank Thiele talking about some of the challenges and rumors that come about while implementing Google Apps and building toward a 1:1 environment.
I look forward to sharing and discussing many of the things I learned with the District 155 Technology Vision Committee and Prairie Ridge High School staff members.

No comments:

Post a Comment